- Launch an instance of Hyper-Q:
- On the product page for Hyper-Q on the Azure Marketplace or the Azure Portal, select "Create" to invoke the wizard for creating a virtual machine.
- Go through the steps of creating a virtual machine on Azure and note down the credentials you provide (Username and Password or SSH key).
- On the summary page, select "Purchase".
- Configure your instance:
- When the instance is ready, point your web browser to the IP address or the DNS name of the Hyper-Q instance
- In the configuration tool, provide hostname and database name of your SQL Data Warehouse cluster:
- Once all of the fields have been completed, the configuration tool will perform a basic check to confirm connectivity. Then, the configuration is saved and Hyper-Q is started. You will see a confirmation message with the host of your Hyper-Q instance:
Hyper-Q is now running. Use any Teradata client to connect to <host>
Congratulation! Your Hyper-Q instance is now configured and you can connect to it using a Teradata client.